Monday, May 16, 2011

Get a load of this...

So I took an EMT course a while back and decided to sell my book on Half.com to help pay back the tuition (that's another story in itself). I come into work today to grab an envelop and print out the shipping label. Of course it asks for the weight and I don't have a scale...so I decide to get my coworkers' opinions. You have to understand, this is a damn heavy book.

Here's what went down:

Coworker #1: I'd say like 2.7 lbs...maybe 3.3 lbs. (Gotta give her points for being so precise.)
Coworker #2: Definitely more than 5...I'd say 8 lbs. It's like a bowling ball.
Coworker #3: Ooo...that's pretty heavy. Um...probably between 5-6 lbs cuz a gallon of milk is 8 lbs.
Coworker #4: Definitely more than 10. (Us: WHAT? No way!) Well, it weighs more than my dog and he's 14 lbs. (Are you telling us the book is 15 lbs???)


We never did find a scale but I googled the book and the publisher said it was 90.6 oz which is a little under 6 lbs...so coworker #2 won. I just find it incredible that they could come up with answers varying from 3 lbs to 15 lbs! WTF???

1 comment:

  1. surprising how people perceive things so differently... ...

    ReplyDelete