Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dahab - Days 65-66

My last day in Dahab was spent doing absolutely nothing. Just reading, sunning, and walking to get food.


I was staying in a dorm room with some eccentric characters. One was a Canadian farmer/musician who was traveling with her autoharp and played music for us. Another was a middle aged Korean women who spent her days reading and would burst out with things like "laugh now, live later" and "sweet dreams and never wake up."


And those were just two of many. I had forgotten the charms of communal living so this was a nice reminder.


The next day I took a mid-morning bus to Taba on the Israeli border and then endured the slow crossing. They were thorough to say the least...they performed a detailed body search and made me take off my pants haha. Do I look that menacing?


I was in Israel for about 1 hour - the time it took for me to take bus and taxi to the Jordan border. By that time it was 5pm and I decided to splurge and take the taxi to Wadi Rum and spend the night in the desert with the bedouins.


Today I arrived in Petra but haven't seen the sights yet. So tomorrow will be lots of walking and climbing stairs.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment:

  1. You got more action than me at the Israeli border than I got all weekend. :/ haha

    -dg

    ReplyDelete